Saturday, September 9, 2023

Yellow Chrysanthemum

 

Base image by S. Tsuchiya on Pixabay


yellow like the sun

a lovely chrysanthemum

opens to the day

notes

Text art and effects were applied to the base image using Pixlr. You are welcome to share the Haiga, but please credit Cara Hartley/Ornery Owl if you do. 

I thought the lacy white Scandinavian-style border worked nicely with the bright yellow flowers. I also felt the crisp white text was the best choice rather than playing around with gradients and outlines. 

Chrysanthemum is a frequent flyer prompt 'round the old Dark Hearts blog. I was inspired to pluck another one by a prompt from Carpe Diem Haiku.

https://chevrefeuillescarpediem.blogspot.com/2012/10/carpe-diem-15-chrysanthemum.html

Here are some previous chrysanthemum poems for you to check out.

https://poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com/2017/09/30-days-of-haiga-2017-day-9.html

In some ways, this one is my favorite. It's a little bit cheeky and fun.

https://poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com/2019/09/carpe-diem-weekend-meditation-102-renga.html

The chrysanthemum makes an appearance in this sextet of renga.

https://poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com/2020/02/carpe-diem-tan-renga-wednesday-winter.html

Here is a renga about a winter chrysanthemum.

https://poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com/2020/03/carpe-diem-tan-renga-wednesday-white.html

A renga featuring a white chrysanthemum.

https://poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com/2022/12/learning-of-japan.html

This recent Senryu doesn't directly talk about chrysanthemums, but it was inspired by the image Child Dancing With Chrysanthemum Branch. So, the chrysanthemum sneaks in once again!

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~


Free use image from Open Clipart Vectors
Ornery Owl dons her crown of flowers in honor of the chrysanthemum.





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.