Thursday, September 14, 2023

World Under Siege

 

Base image by NOAA on Unsplash


widespread wildfire

more frequent and stronger storms

a world under siege

notes

A prompt from Carpe Diem Haiku inspired this post.

https://chevrefeuillescarpediem.blogspot.com/2012/10/carpe-diem-20-rough-sea.html

Text art and effects were added to the base image by the poet using Pixlr. You are welcome to share the Haiga, but please credit Cara Hartley/Ornery Owl if you do.

Without going into too great detail, the poem addresses issues associated with climate change.

I miss the Earthweal blog.

This CPAP mask reminds me of


It's my second night wearing it. I've adjusted to it pretty well, but I want to try the hybrid version. This one is a bit cumbersome.



All aboard the Owlship! Evolved, oviparous Xenomorphs are welcome. 

I spent a good chunk of 2012 writing Aliens crossover fanfic involving such beings. It saved my life, please believe. 

I sometimes wish I'd stuck with writing fan fiction for my own enjoyment. Marketing my work is a nightmare, and I write a lot of romance, which was never my first choice.

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~

Sharing with:

http://dversepoets.com
Open Link






Burning question:
What music is great to listen to while creating Haiga posts, and why is it video game soundtracks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.