The Queen Xenomorph initially appeared in the movie Aliens (1986)
I threw some sparkles and stars on the image
Content Warning: fantasy gore
the weather outside may be frightful
but nothing can bust up a party
quite like the discovery of a nest of xenomorphs
you may find it miserable
to be gathering beechmast while sleet is soaking through your shoes
while the only sight you wish to see is your bedstead
be sensible and bestow upon your will a ferrule of encouragement
pull up your muffler and silence contrary thoughts
that may lead you to investigating odd ruins
for though you may believe yourself to be clever like a fox
should you penetrate a xenomorph's nest
you will become an unwilling host
as the worst kind of party crasher
prepares to rock your body
The chestburster first appeared in the movie Alien (1979)
~Ornery Notes~
This poem would have been perfect for my October Helloween Poetry Bash. However, the stars were not right. I didn't have the correct prompts aligned. In any case, when you're me, every day is Helloween.
Also, I had an Aliens-related dream last night that reminded me how much I loved writing Aliens fan faction. I haven't got time for it now, but I will gladly write it again if I ever do.
If you write fan fiction, don't let anyone tell you that it isn't "real" writing. It is. A great deal of what I write might be categorized as Lovecraft fan fiction. I'm okay with that.
Prompt: The Weather
Prompt: Write a party poem
The Icky, Sticky, Nit-Picky Legalese If You Please (Or Don't Please)
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
This work is the intellectual property of Naughty Netherworld Press/Poetry of the Netherworld.
Reblogging is acceptable on platforms that allow it. Odysee’s reblog function is called repost, which makes things confusing since reposting is considered a no-no on most platforms. It’s fine to share the post using the repost function on Odysee. It is not okay to copy-paste the material into a new post.
Sharing a link to the post is acceptable.
Quoting portions of the post for educational or review purposes is acceptable if proper credit is given.
Want more poetry?
Get it here!
Buy me a coffee
Or buy me a coffee here
Join me on Odysee
Join me on Patreon!
Subscribe for as little as $1 per month.
Get the latest literary happenings and slices of life in your inbox!








Bowing to the poet.
ReplyDeleteSmiling. And hoping I never come across a Xenomorph - or its nest.
ReplyDelete