Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Remembering His Purple Reign


When the doves cry in the purple rain
You know I will remember

What will you remember?

Riding in your little red corvette
You can bet I will remember

What will you remember?

Partying like it's 1999
You can be sure I will remember

What will you remember?

The Prince of music eclectic
The defier of conventions
The innovator
The motivator

That's what I'll remember!

Love, 
Bloomy

Prompts Used:

Imaginary Garden With Real Toads


22 comments:

  1. Oh yes we all have memories of the purple prince... I'm afraid I never partied to his beats though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did at times. I have to admit those Daze are a bit of a Haze, though. ;-)

      Delete
  2. A fitting tribute to Prince, obviously you cared a lot and will remember. "Purple reign"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly. He was (is) a unique soul. :-)

      Delete
  3. So many highlights of Prince's world that made vital connections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Glad I was able to bring that across! :-D

      Delete
  4. There is so much to remember and a voice we could never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the soothing melancholy of the repetition. It feels as if the speaker is saying the words with tears in her eyes and a bittersweet smile on her face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just how it felt writing it. Thank you so much! :*-)

      Delete
  6. So many memories, eh? And I love the title of this, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Such a long time ago, and yet it seems like yesterday.

      Delete
  7. Such a great tribute! Prince certainly had a Purple Reign. Thanks so much for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your prompt mashup. :) Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice rendition and tribute, Ming. I remember him starting up, he was the age of my third-born, and liked his singing UNTIL he changed his name and dressed and acted goofy. About 1979.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. We will all remember .. thank you for the gift of your poem.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.