Monday, April 11, 2016

Cold War Dreams



 Girl of the cold war
 Who dreamed that she would find love
 Before the world's end

~Cie~

Imaginary Garden With Real Toads
http://www.napowrimo.net/day-eleven-3/

12 comments:

  1. I like your Haiku, well crafted. I'm sure, cold war or not, there are many young women who have dreams of finding love "before the world's end"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. The poem was autobiographical. I was born in 1965, grew up during the US-USSR arms race, was certain that I was going to be blown to smithereens. Met a lot of guys who wanted to drop trou, but none who cared a thing about love. Came to the conclusion that I was an idiot for believing such a thing was possible, particularly with my trifecta of mental illnesses. The world as I knew it has ended, but I'm still here, it would seem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I resonate with this. There was very real fear in those days that someone would push the button....yet we are still here. Your comment reminds me of something I have said once or twice: "It's tough when the cars I used to go out on dates in are antiques, and I'm still looking for Mr Right." LOL. No worries, I gave up on that in 2000.

      Delete
  3. I remember the poetry we did in response to Carilda Olivar's poetry... there was an urgency those day to find love before disaster hit... and yes we let ourselves be part of those thoughts that the world had ended... splendid thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Cold War was very much part of the Soviet lifestyle and psyche. Love would be shadowed by its presence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such longing in the pursuit of true love...nicely, Cie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this, from the females point of view. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lived through it too. Made mea little cynical, I think. Love your haiku and the picture you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is great! Great take on the image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I very much dig this piece. Thanks for making it the first link to my Out of Standard prompt. Clever choice of words and damn near perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wasn't expecting haiku! Well done

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.