Saturday, April 23, 2016

Broken Sonnet


I can't compare you to a summer day
The leaves upon your branches are dying
I'd turn them green again were there a way
But they can't be revived by my crying

There was always something soft about you
Though you pretended that you were so tough
A sad little boy you thought no one knew
Who felt he was never loved quite enough

No way you deserve this terrible hand
Some things in life I just don't understand

CIE
For Mal

Prompts loosely interpreted:
Withrealtoads.blogspot.com
Napowrimo.net



11 comments:

  1. Such sadness weeps in your lines... and a longing for a turn around that simply cannot be...Very touching...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is very well done! A gentle parody which switches viewpoint to the feminine gender.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has the cool warmth of the sad heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shame! He is deserving of a better take in life if only he was not afflicted. He is not aware of others or his surroundings now! Great lines Cara!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is indeed not like a summer's day... some love is so much harsher and so harder... Love how you have used the meter here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the way that title hints at what's to come and then the first stanza so vividly depicts decline and such intense longing to reverse that.....this is very powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is packed with emotion

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice. I get it. (Could be read for Prince, too, at this moment)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.