Wednesday, October 14, 2015

OctPoWriMo 2015: Day 15: Without Rejection


To just be myself
To tell the truth within me
And be accepted


Notes:
I suppose this is a "Senryu," as there is a sense of irony. However, it isn't satirizing anything. I would call it a "Haiku," but that would probably get me chastised by poetic purists. 
I wanted to keep the poem very simple so as to force myself to say only what really needed to be said. I tend to run on if allowed.
The prompt asked us to imagine having a day where we could do anything we wanted, and to describe our wildest dreams. This is mine.
Also, I would be able to call my short 5-7-5 poems Haikus and not be chided for doing so.

~Fae~

12 comments:

  1. I guess the most important thing is self acceptance and first we accept our slef , we need not worry about anything else. A lovely emotive piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. If we can accept ourselves, it makes everything else easier.
      Some days I do better than others!
      Thanks for visiting. :-)

      Delete
  2. Point made and Point taken.. we accept you as you are.. Good job..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a bulls-eye :) You have let the heart rule. Loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree...accepting oneself and not trying to change parts of yourself to please others is important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You better believe that the world would be lost without you :) Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. A basic human want..nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.