The Yogurt and the Spoon
Oh Yogurt! sighed the spoon
Your probiotics make me swoon!
You bathe me in cool creaminess
You make me feel so fine and fresh
Ah Spoon! the yogurt sighed
I can't wait for the moment when you reach inside
I hunger to feel you scoop me up
I'm waiting for you in my loving cup!
A very silly poem by
Petra Steele
The challenge was to write a poem about love between two objects. I was about to eat yogurt, so I was inspired to create this.
This one may rival the piece submitted by our Vogon guest a couple of days ago!
Folks, for everyone's sake, I am not about to try to meet the other part of the challenge. My ugly mug would break the camera, and I am very self-conscious about my hick accent. So--nope! Not gonna do it! Believe me, you should thank me.
~Petra~


I smiled while reading the poem and then read it aloud. loved it
ReplyDeletelove your poem! haha! awesome and creative. oh, and I didn't consider the 2nd part of the challenge for a heartbeat either! In fact, I forgot it even existed until you mentioned it!
ReplyDeleteThank you both!
ReplyDeleteI'd never consider recording myself, especially on video. I have a great face for radio, so to speak!
Pet, you're way too hard on yourself.
ReplyDeleteI have a great face for radio too! ;-)
Love this poem! I like how the first stanza is just silly and fun but the second is kind of dirty! lol, great job :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Quinn, on behalf of Petra.
ReplyDeleteI'm kind of worried about her ability to make yogurt sound lewd! ;-)