Monday, October 21, 2013

Dangerous Folly


There are those who would like
To keep others locked away
Or worse
Because the color of their skin
Does not match that 
Of the fool who thinks they know better
Than the creator
The way another person should appear


There are fools who would dictate
That anyone who does not think the way they do
Who does not believe the way they do
Who does not love the way they do
Is not entitled to certain rights
Perhaps including the right to life


Some fools think that a woman
Who refuses to be demure and obedient
Is a threat
That she should be ostracized
Or worse
That she should be corrected
Threatened, beaten, or raped into silence


Sometimes I wonder
If there is any place in the world
Which the fools have not corrupted
With their poisonous prejudices

~Faycin A Croud~



13 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the way you tied in all the images into one piece, excellent write, really creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, especially the last two reactions. I loved the flow you created between all the photos. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerful! And ambitious to tackle all of the photos and yet it flows so well and - again - it's a powerful message! I really liked the rhythm and sense of repetition of the 2nd stanza but the third stanza (last line) stole my breath...powerful, powerful, powerful. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great go! Powerful poetry and great go doing all four photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant weaving of the images. They string together like prayer beads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to comment earlier today, and will try once again. Loved how you wove the four photos into one beautiful story. Very well done indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a stunning job with the prompt and how wonderful that you incorporated all the photos. AND...sent a powerful message as well. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these powerful reactions to the photos! They work as separate poems as well as one poem. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent use of all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing and wonderful how you've taken such different images and made them work into an entire story! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for your kind words, on behalf of Faith (Faycin.) She'll be pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah.

    Tolerance.

    The elusive elixir of peace.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.