Photo taken 7 May 2017 at Denver Aquarium
Copyright Cara Hartley/Ornery Owl
text
stingray swims with fish
coexisting peacefully
we should be like them
notes
The greatest photographer the world has ever known captured the image at the top of the post, which inspired the creation of today's Haiga.
;-)
Tongue planted firmly in cheek. I am hardly the greatest anything the world has ever known, except for possibly the world's greatest mess. I do, however, like my own photographs.
I really made a shambles of this post. My son and I were going to visit my mother on Sunday, so I made the post halfway and then, for reasons unclear to anybody, just published it. I didn't even include the Haiga.
You're welcome to use both the original image in the Haiga, but please credit Cara Hartley/Ornery Owl and provide a link back to this blog.
The fact that I find my gaffe with this post so disconcerting tells me that something else is going on in this ridiculous squirrel blender that I call a mind. I've been presenting as "okay" on the surface, even to me, but being this unsettled over a bit of a nothingburger of a mistake says I'm really not. There's nobody I can tell I'm really not okay, and that makes it feel even worse.
Moving along because who really gives a rat's.
This week's prompt from Poets and Storytellers United, the theme of which is war and peace was another source of inspiration.
I am also sharing the poem with the following blog hops.





The animals are already living in harmony. They are waiting for us to join them there - said a wise friend of mine, who now lives in the spirit world. Loved your post - words and beautiful image.
ReplyDeleteI like your photo, too. And, I like your haiga. It doesn’t have to be complicated to get together.
ReplyDeleteOh, LOL, I was quite ready to believe it was a photo by Jacques Cousteau or the like! The verse makes a good point, on the face of it – and yet I believe things are different when the stingray gets hungry.
ReplyDeleteOh, thank you! This stingray is quite well-fed. I don't think the aquarium staff wants the diners horrified by the sight of a ravenous stingray gorging itself on the fishes!
DeleteBoth the Haiga and the photograph are beautiful. And the Haiga is so very, very true.
ReplyDeleteIf only . . .
ReplyDeleteYes, yes ... we could learn a thing or two from these critters!!!
ReplyDeleteWell, hitting "post" because you're distracted rather than because the post is ready to go life...may not be totally okay, but it's such an endemic condition, there's no hope for a cure! At least blog host sites now make it easy to fix those poor little premature, malformed posts.
ReplyDeleteYes, true that. Unlike Twitter, where you have to redo the entire tweet. Not that I really care all that much about Twitter.
Delete