Copyright: holohololand / 123RF Stock Photo
The world continues on senselessly
Oblivious to the tragedy
Of lives that can no longer be
Of souls not allowed to be set free
Like zombies in the streets they roam
Home to work and work to home
Hearts as hard and cold as stone
Not seeing the things that they are shown
Their souls have long since died within
Like machines beneath the skin
Playing a game that they can never win
The sorrow of others feeds their need
They laugh as sufferers lie and bleed
Insatiable hunger, hateful greed
The thoughts of Pepper Baiij
Form:
Arabian Sonnet
http://www.thepoetsgarret.com/sonnet/arabian.html


No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.