Thursday, October 13, 2016

OctPoWriMo 2016: Day 13: Lament for Zecor


Lament for Zecor

Zecor, my home world
Beautiful you were
Your pristine waters flowing
Like the hopes in my young heart
Beneath the gentle glow of the twin suns

The reign of an evil so extreme
Corrupted everything 
Hatred took its toll
The small sun began to feed off of the larger
A malevolent haze glowed constantly in your once beautiful skies

Lost forever were you, Zecor
And lost with you was I
Unfortunate Princess Ondina
I always thought that I would never find love
Then one day love came quickly
And was as quickly taken from me

I died with you, Zecor
On the day the larger sun went nova
But my heart died at the moment
That I sent my love away
Far across the galaxy

The ghosts of Zecor still roam
Damned, restless spirits, attempting to invade
Destroying the unfortunate minds of their victims
In attempt to fulfill the insane quest of a madman

Spurred on by the vain hope of pleasing
The crone who serves the malignant master
In whose veins flows blood as cold as death
The joke will be on you when you discover
You were nothing but his pawns

I was drawn many miles from Zecor
Across time and space by a need so extreme
My love could be alone no longer 
My broken heart could not resist his call

Fear not, Serab, your Ondina will never allow
You to be enslaved by the one who made the king a jester
All the riches in this world can't save you
Any more than Zecor could have been saved

The love in my heart will be your salvation
Your Ondina will not be taken from you again
 Zecor is dead
But our love remains forever

For Serab
From Ondina

Form: Epic/Narrative, Personification

https://poetsonthepage.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. I loved this story poem and hope it will be spun into a longer tale for others to enjoy. Somehow that photograph captures perfectly that faraway world known as Zocar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind thanks, Beth. Our poems for this year's OctPoWriMo are actually reflections made by characters from our WIP novel, Fetch, which can be found at peppersfetch.blogspot.com
      Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Wow. There's a whole story here, a whole world.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.