Wednesday, October 12, 2016

OctPoWriMo 2016: Day 12: Strong Love


Strong Love

How can something so soft and gentle have such power
Our love is strong enough
To defy space and time

You sent me worlds away to keep me safe
Yet the need I have for you
Was strong enough to draw you back to me

A love this strong must not be denied
A force this powerful is sure to prevail
Soft as a feather, strong as a hurricane

 Do not be so surprised, my sweet
That you could be the focal point
Of a love stronger than time

Of a love stronger than death

Of a love stronger than the Universe

Of a love stronger than your fears or mine

Serab/Gerry
for
Ondina/Pepper

Form: Narrative, Free verse

https://poetsonthepage.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully expressed, lovely poem. We all deserve true love and true love will surely find its way across.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.