Monday, October 17, 2016

OctPoWriMo 2016: Day 17: Savory Love



 One fool has fallen for another
He is piquantly pleasant to her mind
She thinks he is so very kind
And so she takes him for a lover
Anyone with sense would find him unappealing
But she believes he sets her spirit free
She finds him morally exemplary
His ugliness she cannot see
Because she is floating on the ceiling
Has she yet tasted his kiss
Does she find it pleasing to her lips
Has she felt his hands upon her hips
She carries out her duties with a skip
A woman with sense would surely give him a miss

King Qweh
Regent, West Zecor
Regarding his sister, the Princess Ondina
and her bodyguard, Serab

Form:
American Sonnet
http://thepoetsgarret.com/2016Challenge/form20.html




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.