Saturday, October 24, 2015

OctPoWriMo 2015: Day 25: Nostalgia


 Rainy afternoon
 Spent playing with Lincoln Logs
 My brother and me

~Cie~

http://www.octpowrimo.com/2015/10/childhood-favorite-octpowrimo-day-25.html

Note:
It's a 5-7-5 poem, and honestly, I can't care what it should technically be called. Maybe that makes me a really shitty human being. I don't care about that either. 
I opt for the 5-7-5 form when I don't want my poem to become to maudlin. I can always do that in the notes at the bottom, and y'all can choose to skip reading that part.
My brother and I were very close as children. We are somewhat estranged at this point. That kid who loved her brother so much is saddened by this, and so I'm kind of snarky and find myself unable to care what the hell the exact name of this type of 5-7-5 poem is.

7 comments:

  1. I know how you feel, Hon. My sis and I were very close growing up. We've grown kind of distant from each other. I never could have imagined it would happen this way, and it makes me sad.
    I just call all 5-7-5 poems Haikus. I guess that's not correct, but the point is, I think, to enjoy the creation. Why quibble about technicalities?
    <3 Naila

    ReplyDelete
  2. :).. working within the walls of set parameters breaks the flow of thoughts. Even i break the rules and satiates my quest through the free flowing words.

    lovely nostalgic haiku..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some memories remain with us forever and when those include childhood and siblings, they follow us till our grave :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great (I won't tell you what it's name is - I'm not a spoilsport) little poem. I haven't come across this toy, but before Lego there was Brickplayer, which gave much the same kind of pleasure as your Lincoln Logs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is lovely, and brings to mind when I too played for hours with Lincoln Logs ... thanks for the memories! Bastet

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.