Tuesday, October 6, 2015

OctPoWriMo 2015: Day 6: Brave


Brave

If I were brave
Wouldn't I be bold and daring?
Wouldn't I have the courage to do
Everything that I might want to?

If I were brave
Wouldn't I claim my freedom?
Live life without limits, be free
No matter what limits life places on me

Sometimes I think
That all the cheerleaders and motivators
Must live in a different reality
Than the one that applies to me

I try hard
I really do
But some days I'm too tired to even wish
Let alone make my wishes come true

What matters most
And maybe this will seem a cop-out 
To those more upbeat than I 
Is that I try

Sometimes that alone
Is an act of bravery
To just keep fighting the fight
Is doing it right

~Yeris~

Imaginary Garden With Real Toads

Notes:
I didn't count syllables. I just wrote a poem using the word and sentence prompts.




23 comments:

  1. Many different ways to show courage exist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've all gotta do what we've gotta do to get through.
      Thanks for visiting, on behalf of Yeris.

      Delete
  2. I have much fellow-feeling with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Viv.
      Thanks for visiting, on behalf of Yeris. :-)

      Delete
  3. I am one of those upbeat souls, but I say KUDOS! for trying. Depression and dementia run in my family and I am well aware what a struggle it often is just to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steph. Yeris also has MS of the kind that goes into remission at times, but every time it comes back it seems to be a bit worse. I think she is a real fighter and I admire that about her.
      Thanks for stopping by, on behalf of Yeris. :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh I think courage is so much more defined from two ways, what do you achieve? and what is the cost?... many times it's just to face the sun another day, but for someone close that courage can mean a lot..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said!
      Thank you for visiting, on behalf of Yeris. :-)

      Delete
  5. I think you're very brave, Desi. You're one of my heroines for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's one of mine too, and so are you, Shaye. Glad to have you on board!

      Delete
  6. I think you've captured the essence of true bravery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, Desi! As someone with clinical depression, I really relate to this. Thank you for sharing your words with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really feeling this poem, thank you for sharing with OctPoWriMo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes, even with the best of people, all that matters is the attempt to try. I think you did very well. You should be proud of the words on the page.

    https://graciesbnana.wordpress.com/2015/10/06/octpowrimo-6/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can relate to this so much. Thank you for sharing, I think your approach is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everyone's life and struggles are unique..important to recognise that and give them credit accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. An interesting write ... inspirational! Bastet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Yeris ~~ Thank you for this inspiring poem. I am glad that you wrote it and that I got to read it. Now, especially, it is a good prod for me as we have just moved. I get a helpless feeling about unpacking all the boxes that I am responsible for, where to put the stuff, and what to do with it. Guess I'd better keep on trying too.

    I was glad to see another NetherWorld poem here again. I used to read and respond to a lot that Cie (Cara) and others would write. I think that Cara has cut back. YOU ARE DOING GOOD in keeping up with the 'OctPoWriMo 2015'. I didn't even try although I did finish the other NaPoWriMo 2015 in April.

    http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/search/label/NaPoWriMo%202015

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.