Sunday, March 24, 2013

Wild Faith

 
Despite my weariness, there is still something in me that refuses to be molded
That refuses to die
That refuses to conform to what others think I should be
 
I'm no longer young
I was never beautiful
But damn it all, I'm me
 
Still
And in spite of your worst efforts
To hell with anyone who thinks I should not be allowed
 
To be
 
~Faith~
 
Cross-posted to:
 
the imaginary garden with real toads

13 comments:

  1. But damn it all, I'm me..

    That says it all! Fine thoughts, well-expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot be moulded, though I may, at times, appear to be so just to avoid some pointless confrontation! I don't like those either! Love the determination in your lovely words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To find and be yourself, is the most courageous ~ Well done with the prompt ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ability to stand tall and simply be yourself..well stated in your words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, there ya go. If you've gotten to that point, you're pretty much home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am cheering for YOU! Cheering for me...I fear being refined ;D
    Well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, as Hedge says, you're pretty much home. I LOVE the title Wild Faith. Acceptance of one's worthiness is essential, but thanks to society's dictates, is perhaps the hardest thing to finally come to believe. I love your words "But damn it all, I'm me." Love this poem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brava! If we each embrace our uniqueness and let those lights shine, the brilliance would blind fools. This is a wonderful pronouncement of self!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brava! If we each embrace our uniqueness and let those lights shine, the brilliance would blind fools. This is a wonderful pronouncement of self!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here! Here! Brava! Brava! To wild women everywhere ........ live bold, live proud.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful.
    "To hell with anyone who thinks I should not be allowed
    To be"
    I'm always amazed by those who feel they should have dominion over another person's existence.
    You are absolutely right. To hell with 'em.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  12. "refuses to conform to what others think I should be"- love when people feel strong enough to be themselves!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.