Gordian Knot
Complexities
by
Tempest Nightingale LeTrope
How much more complex can you get
Than a Gordian Knot
I think you cannot
The Knot of the Gordian variety
Poses the greatest of complexities
To unravel it poses the utmost in vexities
The Gordian Knot is best left alone
Life is complex enough
Without fiddling about with this kind of stuff
~Tempest~

I wondered about the "Gordian knot" as a youth and then it seemed to slip away. You are right life was complex enought without it. Howwever, now you have awakened the memory and I must go to the googlian knot and try to remember that which slipped my mind.
ReplyDeleteOne of the wee wittle ones came to me tonight crying because he had been tied up and because there were no loose ends, I was having the dickens of a time trying to get him out of it. I was ready to cut the darn thing but it was yarn and I got it to stretch so that eventually we were able to pull it down and off of him. When a child is crying while you are trying to unknot something I think that increases the complexity of the knot by tenfold. I do not think I would ever attempt to untie that knot.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing such a great example of something really complex for this weeks Theme Thursday. I hope you are ignoring the big knot and realize it is best to be left alone.
God bless.