Monday, March 25, 2013

Apathy in the Face of the Unthinkable

 
Your apathy
and depravity
Will be the downfall
of humanity
 
Adam
 
 
Written after reading that people had watched a video of a three year old girl being molested by a pedophile, which was circulating on Facebook. Their response was not to be sickened, or saddened, but to joke about the trauma which this child had suffered.
 
 
Cross-posted to:
the imaginary garden with real toads

8 comments:

  1. Right to the point. Adam, people just suck sometimes. That is really disheartening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am disgusted right along with you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even wrap my mind around this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adam, this is utterly appalling. Some individuals simply do not deserve to share the oxygen the rest of us breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing poem, li'l bro. So to the point. We already talked about this of course and I know how upset you were. It makes me sick too, as you know. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad, so true. Yet...

    Not universally true. Not all of us have become apathetic, at least not all the time. :)

    I have nominated your blog for an award. See http://jahangiri.us/2013/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.