Friday, October 22, 2021

Helloween 2021 Day 22: Change

 

Image by Sebastian Wahlhutter on One Big Photo

our blue planet is a treasure
its resources bring us pleasure
we bring change

toujours perdrix self-indulgence
brings discouraging divulgence
we must change

no more winter in which to ski
death of biodiversity
climate change

if we cannot work together
there will be change in the weather
killing change

we are on a slippery slope
before we end up without hope
time for change

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~

The Changing Prompts

Prompt: How 2020 Changed You
This could be interpreted in a couple of different ways. 2020 changed the world, not just me, and the world along with me changed in 2020. Working in tandem with the Earthweal prompt, there were changes to biodiversity in 2020.


Prompt: Write a compound word verse. I gave it my best shot. After reading some of the others, I am aware now that I didn't properly compound my word, although I did reference it in the third line of each verse.


Prompt: Write a poem about biodiversity


Photo Prompt
For me, the photo worked as a metaphor for the way people view climate change. We think we are able to rise above it because we are invincible, but we are hanging on a thin line at risk of a disastrous plunge into the abyss.


The Icky, Sticky, Nit-Picky Legalese If You Please (Or Don't Please)


Creative Commons License


This work is the intellectual property of Naughty Netherworld Press/Poetry of the Netherworld.

Reblogging is acceptable on platforms that allow it. Odysee’s reblog function is called repost, which makes things confusing since reposting is considered a no-no on most platforms. It’s fine to share the post using the repost function on Odysee. It is not okay to copy-paste the material into a new post.

Sharing a link to the post is acceptable.

Quoting portions of the post for educational or review purposes is acceptable if proper credit is given.

Want more poetry?
Get it here!

Buy me a coffee

Or buy me a coffee here

Join me on Odysee

Join me on Patreon!
Subscribe for as little as $1 per month.

Get the latest literary happenings and slices of life in your inbox!

7 comments:

  1. It is most definitely time for a big change! 👍🏼 …and yes, fuck dimensia! 👎👎👎

    ReplyDelete
  2. A poetic message for the Earthlings ... time for change and cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to worry. I compounded my word, but used it in the 883 portion of the poem and not the final words!! Old dogs, new tricks, and all that rot. Eh what?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And so it is, way past time for change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I echo your sentiments entirely. We are all going to witness drastic changes even if we stop polluting right now. If we continue to stick our heads in the sand and ignore the situation, I dread to think what will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We always want others to change, but it always starts with us...

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.