Thursday, November 12, 2020

The Colors of my Heart

 

Every day I think of you

I remember what good friends you were to me

If you were the color of your spirit set free

I’m wondering what you would be


Lafayette, would this be you?

Did you become something like this when you rose away?

I thought that there would be more time to say

How much I love you every day



 Trinity, my colorful girl

With your beautiful, expressive eyes

Would I recognize your new disguise?

If only I could be that wise



I walk through the darkness of my dreams

With eyes closed fast, not wanting to see

The hopelessness surrounding me

Knowing what I wish can never be

~cie~

Acknowledgments

Picture 1: A Haiga created by me. Please credit Cara Hartley/The Real Cie

Picture 2: Beautiful You Are by Magic Love Crow

 https://magiclovecrow.blogspot.com/

Picture 3: Delightful Donkey by Gina Morley

https://daydreambeliever-gina.blogspot.com/

Picture 4: Carnival Dreams by Shelle Kennedy

http://sunshineshelles.blogspot.com/

This post was created using these prompts:

 November PAD Chapbook Challenge prompt for 11 November 2020 (write a color poem.)

https://www.writersdigest.com/write-better-poetry/2020-november-pad-chapbook-challenge-day-11

Poets and Storytellers United Weekly Scribblings #45

https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2020/11/weekly-scribblings-45-artistic.html

This poem was posted to these places:

http://poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com

https://lbry.tv/@poetryofthenetherworld:9

 

The Icky, Sticky, Nit-Picky Legalese If You Please (Or Don't Please)



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

This work is the intellectual property of Naughty Netherworld Press/Poetry of the Netherworld.

Reblogging is acceptable on platforms that allow it. LBRY’s reblog function is called repost, which makes things confusing since reposting is considered a no-no on most platforms. It’s fine to share the post using the repost function on LBRY. It is not okay to copy-paste the material into a new post.

Sharing a link to the post is acceptable.

Quoting portions of the post for educational or review purposes is acceptable if proper credit is given.

 

Want more monodies?

Get ‘em here!

https://bit.ly/getmorepoetry

 

Share my mood on LBRY.

https://lbry.tv/@naughtynetherworldpress:d

https://lbry.tv/@poetryofthenetherworld:9

LBRY is a decentralized content marketplace. I price the PDF versions of my work at approximately half of the Kindle price because I receive the entire amount rather than a royalty percentage.

Most of my work is free. A tip as small as 5 LBC (approximately $0.15) really helps, and it all goes to me.

You can get a free LBRY account through this link. You can earn LBC for viewing content on LBRY as well as from selling your content.

https://lbry.tv/$/invite/@naughtynetherworldpress:d

16 comments:

  1. Well, that brought tears to my eyes. Which means you did it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad that you lost your beloved cat friends - your words are a lovely tribute of your love.
    I'm sad re you ill-health too and wish I could make things change for you.
    The kindest of regards.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful drawings and lovely tribute to your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderfully poetically descriptive .....

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is so much longing in those words, especially in the last line. So many of, I suspect, share that wish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, and moving. I too know what it is to mourn certain beautiful felines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done. I think the first 2 pictures fit well with souls set free, and the last picture evokes intense grief. Losing a beloved pet can be devastating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm glad you're thinking of them. may their memory be a blessing. lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice tribute to your furbabies, Cie, and I like the artwork that you chose to go with your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the way you’ve matched personality/spirit with colour in this poem, Cara. Not everyone appreciates auras, but they are there for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cie, as usual you are ringing memory bells of love lost, gone by. I'm married but one, maybe more, I would like to run into. Your Haiga pretty cat's verse got things started nicely.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our cats (and dogs) leave a void in our hearts by their absence but thank goodness for the memories and the unconditional love they have given us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lost loves of humans or animals are so sad and painful. Lovely writing, and use of color.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Imagine not ever experiencing the joy and love of sharing your life with a couple of gorgeous cats... a lot of folk do not and have missed out big time...but you are not one of them So whatever happens or does not happen you always had the cats..We are lucky !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Cie, thanks for coming by my blog. I thought I had commented on your blog, when you wrote this poem. I remember reading it! Sorry! You have a talent with words! I love the tribute to your cats! Yes, you can use my picture and credit me and have a link to my Etsy store. Thank you for asking! I am honoured! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.