Wednesday, April 16, 2014

N is for Naila's Nove Otto


Nighttime Memories

I try never to sleep at night
For that is when my thoughts take flight
And I remember how we were
To you it may be just a blur
But for me it was my whole world
Back when I was your dream-time girl
I won't let the memories stir

~Naila~


The Nove Otto poetry form was created by Scott J. Alcorn. It is a nine-lined poem with 8 syllables per line (isosyllabic). The rhyme scheme is as follows: aacbbcddc.


Example #1:
Canebrake Whispers

Three a.m. and yet still awake.
Mournful call sounds from the canebrake—
South Lou'siana’s black night steams.
The rocking chair creaks hollowly,
on the slat porch- it drums dully.
Chemical plants glowing lights gleam,
creating soft worlds all their own.
The cane whispers its eerie drone,
as night waits her impending dream.

Copyright © 2006 Scott J. Alcorn



My poem was inspired by this great classic tune:

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too. When I either retire or win the lottery (hoping for the latter!) I will be able to fully enjoy it again, as I won't have to work any more!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed both of those poems, especially the last line of each of them.

    Madeline @ The Shellshank Redemption
    Minion, Capt. Alex's Ninja Minion Army
    The 2014 Blogging from A-Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The first one was our team member Naila's work. The second was a sample by the person who invented this poetry form.

      Delete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.