Monday, April 14, 2014

L is for Lanturne



Many ridicule me for being obsessed with creating alternate realities.
Many think I'm a fool for still being involved with such pursuits, owing to the amount of heartache I've suffered because of them.
Why would I keep doing it?
Am I a masochist?
I think the few words below explain what I've been trying to say for nearly 50 years.

Creativity

Love
Magic
 Imagine
Worlds and stories
Dream

~Cie~

Lanturne

The Lanturne is a five-line verse shaped like a Japanese lantern with a syllabic pattern of one, two, three, four, one.

Example #1:

    Swift
Winds blow
threatening,
 a tornado
   grows.

Copyright © 2003 Crystal Rose


http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com

http://www.napowrimo.net

7 comments:

  1. I did not know what a lanturne was. Yours about creativity was fantastic. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you are melding the A to Z challenge with the poetry challenge. Also love Japanese poetry. Another challenge. How does a monotone language rival other forms of poetry where rhythm and meter take hold. Perfect imagery ... Time ... never ... pauses or ... asks permission ... end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I try to meld things together as often as possible, although in real life I can't walk and chew gum!

      Delete
  3. Sorry, forgot to add - Erin Penn (a to z participant, erinpenn.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, another good one. Just because it's short doesn't mean it isn't hard to write.

    Liz A. from Laws of Gravity

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.