Tuesday, April 22, 2014

S is for Shadow Sonnet



 
Standing In the Shadows Of

Shadow of my former self casts shadow
Over life I sometimes wish was over
Her broken dreams are all that's left of her
Wishing she had more than hopeless wishing

Disappointment causes disappointment
Soul haunted by dreams lost is a sad soul
Shattered wishes in a heart that's shattered
Impossible wishes impossible

Delusion begets only delusion
Sorrow can only beget more sorrow
Tomorrows replaced by new tomorrows
Her dreams of love impossible to her

Yesterday's dreams remain as yesterdays
Visions remain as only lost visions

~Cie~

Shadow Sonnet

The Shadow Sonnet was created by Amera M. Andersen, may be written in any sonnet style. The Shadow takes place at the beginning and ending of each line as the words are identical or homophonic. Since all poetry was originally meant to be sung or recited out loud, homophonic words are acceptable, these are words that sound alike such as “see and sea”. (Rules: 14 lines, 9 or 10 syllables per line. The poem should have a volta or pivit; iambic pentameter is not necessary.)

Example #1:

Spirit to Spirit

So many things have turned my spirit so.
Yet I do resist and yield to it yet.
Know that I give my strength for you to know.
Forget you? Nay, I shall never forget.

Left with my sandpaper dreams since you left.
Love lies in my spirit, for you my love.
Theft of your presence is not spirit theft.
Above all my dreams, I hold you above.

You now have returned, I knew it was you.
Waiting so long as my heart was waiting;
few have returned, yet you're one of the few.
Aching for you as my soul was aching.

War takes so many; yet, you've beaten war.
Door of my spirit, come enter my door.

Copyright © 2007 Amera M. Andersen

http://www.napowrimo.net

http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com

4 comments:

  1. Cool stuff. So much darkness in the shadows! ;) Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post!

    Please visit my blog, http://www.thatgirlybookworm.blogspot.ca

    I'm also participating in the A-Z Challenge and my theme focuses on books and the titles of them, which will begin with the letter of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will absolutely return the visit. Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.