Good morning (or whatever it is where you are) Poetry People. I dragged my worthless ass out of bed at 5:40 AM, took my pills, stabbed myself (with an insulin pen), put drops in my eyes, and came back to my computer to write one of those brief, hard-hitting Haiku about how the human race selfishly harms the world that gave us life.
We need to stop behaving like a cancer. One person may not be able to make much of an impact, but together we can make real changes. One of the most important things we can do is hold corporations accountable for their actions.
To construct my take-no-prisoners Haiku, I took inspiration from the following prompts.
Write an Earth poem.
write a poem in which two things have a fight.
We are in the fight of our lives against the very world that gave us life. If the world is to survive, we need to be on its side. We must listen to the Earth and hear what it is telling us. We must work to heal it rather than doing further harm.
~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~
Change can only begin when we co-operate.


No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.