Friday, April 19, 2024

April PAD Challenge + NaPoWriMo 2024 Day 19

 

Image by Enrique from Pixabay

Hello Poetry People! Here are today's prompts for your poetic pleasure.


Today's April PAD Challenge prompt invites poets to create an emotion poem.


The NaPoWriMo prompt suggests the following intriguing idea.

What are you haunted by, or what haunts you? Write a poem responding to this question. Then change the word haunt to hunt.

That certainly sounds like my kind of poem. Adding in the following prompt from Carpe Diem Haiku


I went with the quick, hard-hitting approach, creating a two-verse Haiku about being both haunted and hunted by the withering wind. We've had some really wicked winds out here on the Lone Prairie over the past couple of weeks, so the subject matter seemed poignantly appropriate and also appropriately poignant. 

I hope you enjoy creating your own work using one or all of these prompts should the spirit move you.

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~


"You're a flipping penguin, Lennox! I'm the one who should be wearing the rain slicker!"

"It's too big for you, Ornery. It fits me just right, and it looks super snappy on me too."


Enjoy some music and visual inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.