Sunday, April 7, 2024

April PAD Challenge + NaPoWriMo 2024 Writing Prompts Day 7

 




My dear friend Kamidiox drew these pictures. If you use them, please make sure to give her proper credit. Here is the link to her website.


I wasn't sure how personal I wanted to get with this prompt post, Poetry People. I'm feeling a bit vulnerable and also a bit sick. I woke up at 3 AM feeling like I was going to hurl. 

I guess my 59-year-old innards can no longer handle meals like the spicy southwestern ham and bean soup that I made with scraps from the leftover Easter ham. I also had a side plate of nachos courtesy of the giant bag of tortilla chips and Tostitos queso that we bought at Costco. I need to get it through my thick head that my stomach has aged along with the rest of me.

Enough about my crap digestive system. Here are today's prompts.


The April PAD Challenge prompt asks participants to write a luck poem.

I was very lucky when my special friends came into my life.

I was very unlucky when I lost them. 


Today's NaPoWriMo prompt asks poets to write a Wish You Were Here poem.

Here's the best Wish You Were Here poem ever. 



~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~

Image by Willgard Krause from Pixabay


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.