Guess I'm not the first fool to spin on my axel
Mad as a hatter over you
I can't help but magnify your glory
The hold you have on my heart feels like a vise
Yes, I let you trespass in my head
Take over my mind like an opium addiction
Blow out my brain with one sensual gesture
Terrorize me with your wicked caprice
I tell myself I need to remain elastic
By myself flooded with a cascade of desire
Staying home waiting for your call for months
I can taste the sweetness of you on my palate
How can I live without you any longer?
Hoping today you'll finally notice
Hating myself for loving you
Mad melodies marauding through my mind
Make me want to defy reality
How can I lift myself above this insanity?
All I want to do is fly to you
I need you now, don't make me wait forever
Bleeding my heart out trying to figure
Some way to sow the seeds of love in your soul
I wish I was worthy to dine at your table
How can I rise to your level when I'm so far below?
How can I put my name on the tip of your tongue?
How can I make your gorgeous voice sigh that you feel the same way as I?
~cie~
Write a "The First (blank)" poem
MLMM Wordle
This prompt challenges you to find a poem, and then write a new poem that has the shape of the original, and in which every line starts with the first letter of the corresponding line in the original poem.
Well...
I didn't use a poem, I used a song: Hopelessly Devoted To You by Olivia Newton-John. I used the first letter of every line, but beyond that, I took a whole lot of liberties.
Sunday Whirl
above
below
blow
defy
figure
fly
lift
sigh
sow
table
tip
wait
I used the image from this prompt, but this is obviously a lot more than three lines.
The Icky, Sticky, Nit-Picky Legalese If You Please (Or Don't Please)
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
This work is the intellectual property of Naughty Netherworld Press/Poetry of the Netherworld.
Reblogging is acceptable on platforms that allow it. Odysee’s reblog function is called repost, which makes things confusing since reposting is considered a no-no on most platforms. It’s fine to share the post using the repost function on Odysee. It is not okay to copy-paste the material into a new post.
Sharing a link to the post is acceptable.
Quoting portions of the post for educational or review purposes is acceptable if proper credit is given.
Want more?
Get it here!








HeeHee.
ReplyDeleteYoo funny.
Wait! So am I!!
(skuze me while I pat myself on d'back):
♡ en.gravatar.com/MatteBlk ♡
Love you.
Cya soon.
be@peace.
GBY