A cup of dreams by dandingeroz
A teacup means I drink you in
A hammer means my heart you'll break
A seagull means you've flown away
To the land where breezes carry the stench of decay
A ballet slipper means
I'm dancing through lost dreams
Of childhood long gone
Of hope torn at the seams
Shark means I'm consumed by troubles
Wobbly table, my precarious ground
I'm cast out because no-one wants to bear witness
As the tears from my eyes stream down
A dentist in my dreams
Means I should shut my damn mouth
Before I say the wrong words
And everything goes south
A rowboat means I want to sail away
To where my lost seagull has flown
Take me with you to the Land of Dreams
I can't bear to be here on my own
~For Gerry from Pepper~
Notes:
Much of Team Netherworld's story, Fetch, takes place in the Dreamlands of Earth, a fantastical realm created by H.P. Lovecraft.
Word Salad:
Teacup
Hammer
Seagull
Ballet slipper
Shark
Wobbly table
Dentist
Rowboat
Hammer
Seagull
Ballet slipper
Shark
Wobbly table
Dentist
Rowboat


No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.