Friday, April 6, 2018

NaPoWriMo 2018: Day 6: Wrap It Up Already!


A
Break can
Completely help to
Determine whether a poem
Eventually will be seen as
Fine work, and the poet deemed
Good or bad based upon the ability
He or she has to know about when
It is time to wrap things up and not
Just keep blathering on and making the reader want to
Kill them in order to shut them up, finding themselves a
Lead pipe to bludgeon to death the overly verbose poet and their
Meandering lines of word after word after meaningless word, does this person truly
Not know when to shut the hell up, can they truly not see how
Obnoxious their run-on lines are, do they not know that they are an embarrassment to
Poets everywhere, have they no pride in themselves and the craft of poetry, had they a
Quill, I would break it and stab it through their heart so they couldn't write one more
Run-on line in the self-aggrandizing mess they believe to be a poem, they must really love the grating
Sound of their own voice, or at least the sight of their own words, I really hope they don't
Talk the way they write because listening to them would be like nails on a chalkboard, a completely, absolutely, and 
Utterly intolerable, never-ending flow of verbal vomit, which would cause anyone in earshot to flee, in order to escape the ceaseless
Vocal violence of endless words being spouted for the sake of spouting them as if the speaker had no regard for the
Weary listener, or for the craft of poetry or prose, or knowledge that the reader would rather throw themselves into a nest of
Xenomorph eggs and become host to an alien monster that would soon rupture from their innards and leave them in a foul mess of
Yellow bile and red blood, but even this this terrible fate is preferable to reading line after line of dreadful verse brewed up by a
Zany poet who really and truly simply does not understand the concept that less is more and they should have wrapped this thing up ages ago

~Cie~

Note:
The prompt asked for participants to stretch their comfort zone with line breaks, not realizing that I am very prone to hyperbole and that I would be likely to make everyone else suffer along with me.

http://www.napowrimo.net/day-six-6/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.