Tuesday, April 28, 2015

NaPoWriMo 2015: Day 28: Bridge the Gap



Bridge the Gap

No matter their color
No matter their race
No matter their nationality
No matter their religion

No matter their sex
No matter their gender
No matter their sexual orientation

No matter their size
No matter if you don't think they're attractive

Nobody deserves to be bullied

We are all sisters and brothers
Let us close the chasm between one another
Let us build a bridge

The materials we need in abundance
Are love and tolerance
Kindness and understanding
Peace and harmony

Be a builder
Not a destroyer
Lift others up
Don't tear them down

Together we can build a bridge to a better tomorrow
A bridge to a world with acceptance for all

~Naila~

Notes:
This sort of thing always brings tears to my eyes. It's a very important message. Maybe someday we won't need such messages any more, but today we still do.
No matter a person's color, nationality, race, size, physical appearance, sexual orientation, or religion, nobody deserves to be picked on.
Nobody.
Don't be a bully.

The Prompt:
And now for today’s prompt (optional, as always). Today, I’d like to challenge you to write a poem about bridges. A bridge is a powerful metaphor, and when you start looking for bridges in poems, you find them everywhere. Your poem could be about a real bridge or an imaginary or ideal bridge. It could be one you cross every day, or one that simply seems to stand for something larger – for the idea of connection or distance, for the idea of movement and travel and new horizons.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.