Friday, April 17, 2015

NaPoWriMo 2015: Day 17: Adam Online


Adam Online

I don't go on Facebook much any more
And I really don't blog a lot either
So we'll open up the old Google Plus
And see how we can wax poetic
About a guy who's online presence
Is really kind of boring

For something far more interesting
I suggest that you check out a French Canadian cowboy zombie hunter
For something far more heartwarming, you can help save a cat's life
For something more beautiful, you can look at the ocean
But I guess you still want to see
Something about me

I was born gay, and I follow the ray
I love those who were born straight but refuse to hate
Last night I discovered and shared music by a Reggae man named Mike Love
I also love that sassy Adam Lambert
But I sure as hell don't miss him

Even if she wasn't my cousin I'd still be really pissed
About the hate that radical cool chick The Real Cie has received
For expressing sympathy towards someone whose situation
Is beyond appalling
Cie, don't give up 
Your heart is one of the best I've ever known
You've known far too much pain
And far too little joy

Which exposes our ignorance
Of how the Interwebs work
We're kinda old and out of touch, I guess
Oh, before you click that link
There's a picture in the post of some guy's weiner
We also have kind of an adolescent sense of humor

So I guess that's about it for old Adam's online presence
It's kind of weak sauce
But I have a little fun when I stop by
I guess I'm like that guy who hangs out by the dip at parties
Nursing a beer
And then slips out with no-one really noticing

~Adam~


The Prompt:
Today, I want you to try to write a “social media”-style poem. Namecheck all of your friends. Quote from their texts, tweets, FB status updates, twitter accounts, and blogposts, and the back of the cereal box on your breakfast table. The poem is about you and you are about what you say, think, talk, eat. You might end up with a poem that seems bizarrely solipsistic (like the internet itself, maybe?), but there might also be a spark there of something live and fun and present (like the verbal equivalent of a really great animated cat .gif).

1 comment:

  1. You nailed it like always, Baby Brother!
    Glad you don't miss that asshat. He doesn't deserve you. Anyway, you ended up with someone so much better. I have to pat myself on the back for that one, seeing as I'm the one who introduced you two! Go me!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.