Sunday, April 19, 2015

NaPoWriMo 2015: Day 19: One If By Landay

Craving Version 11
Photoshop Phoolery by The Real Cie

You can hide the truth with lying lips
But your dreams tell the secret of whom you long to kiss

~Thalia~



The Prompt:
for today’s prompt (optional, as always!), I’d like to challenge you to write a landay. Landays are 22-syllable couplets, generally rhyming. The form comes from Afghanistan, where women often use it in verses that range from the sly and humorous to the deeply sardonic and melancholy. The first line has nine syllables, the second has 13. 

1 comment:

  1. So much punch in so few words. Nicely done, Thalia.
    The image is impressive too, Cie. She looks hungry.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.