Friday, November 14, 2014

A Tribute to the King of Queen

I love this photo of Freddie Mercury, which Marian shared on tonight's Imaginary Garden With Real Toads prompt.

A Tribute to the King of Queen
 
He made a lot of people happy
He set a lot of spirits free
I never was a killer queen
But he made me feel like it was okay to be me
 
Onstage, he was flashy
Offstage, a quiet soul
Secret struggles and inner demons
Eventually took their toll
 
I dreamed of him after his passing
He gave my cheek a little kiss
He said "thank you, my friend, for thinking of me"
I told him he would always be missed
 
He is missed to this day
And well remembered
 
~Cie~
 
Note:
The dream part is true

Imaginary Garden With Real Toads

Further note for my rude commenter:
This is now the Freddie Mercury AND Malcolm Young blog. Hope it pisses you off.
(Sorry, still steaming about that nonsense.)

12 comments:

  1. this is so lovely and thoughtful. he was so special! what a special treat, your dream. i too was saddened to learn about Malcolm Young's diagnosis. argh!

    hey, it's your blog, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed. We still love, I relove, you dream love. A fine tribute in this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah.. the complexity of a someone so distant .. yet so human.. he still speaks to us

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness...thank you for sharing your dream with us and for weaving this beautiful tribute, touching indeed.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.