Sunday, June 9, 2013

Heart of Night

 
The night is filled with infinite lies
Most of them told by you
After what you've done, you ignore my cries
You think you're the only one whose feelings matter
You like to pretend you're misconstrued
But because of you, my heart is far sadder
I thought you were my sweetest dream
But this is completely untrue
For you have never been what you seem
 
~Rose~

the imaginary garden with real toads

17 comments:

  1. The sad truth is few of us are what we seem. Nicely captured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The opening line is stellar, filled with infinite lies. Too sad when we discover that we have been misled. Excellent work on the pattern and linked rhymed words: you, misconstrued and untrue ~

    Thank you for linking up with Real Toads ~ Happy Sunday ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose, you wench, I believe we were led astray by the same bastard!
    Nicely done, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On behalf of Rose, thank you to J. Cosmo and Grace for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "After what you've done, you ignore my cries" gives me shivers, because it makes me think of abused children rather than unappreciated lovers.
    I don't know why.
    This is an excellent write, and "You think you're the only one whose feelings matter" is a problem as widespread as humanity.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work - men are pigs! (except married, faithful, dad's like me)

    ReplyDelete
  7. On behalf of Rose, thank you both. Sam, thanks for being one of the good ones. Kay, I see what you mean. The line certainly could apply to an abused child, like the song by Pat Benetar. "They cry in the dark so you can't see their tears."
    Nice thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keen penned from a clear eye and razor'd heart. We men, I'm afraid, are afraid too much. ~ M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some peeps can be so deceiving. A topic of the night for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your comments, Grapeling and Hannah. Rose is an expert on those topics of night and dreams, to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very intense and well written!

    And thanks so much for your fun contribution to this week's Limerick-Off. I hope you'll participate often!

    Madeleine Begun Kane

    ReplyDelete
  12. It seems too often we all are pretenders...sharply worded knife at one who caused pain...Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Certainly a sad disappointment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It takes courage to face and throw out pain. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. On behalf of Rose, thank you for all your positive comments. She will be so happy to know that so many people were inspired by her poem.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done, Rose. Love that last line.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for visiting, PIP. I know that Rose will appreciate your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.