Thursday, April 18, 2013

A to Z Blogging Challenge: P is for Palindrome


A to Z Blogging Challenge:
P is for Palindrome
by
Aurora Hylton

Behold the Power of the Palindrome!
A palindrome is a word, phrase, verse, sentence, or even poem that reads the same forward or backward.
I will attempt to overpower the Palindrome, though I fear I am the one who may be powered over. First a sample from the linked page, and then a creation of my own.

Unseen Travelers

Spoken Breath
Creating flesh and spirit
Souls stirring divine dances
Leaping, joyful with life
Entertaining harmony and grace
Angels of myriads and myriads
Sentinel watchers
Merging unseen
~Travelers~
Unseen merging
Watchers, Sentinel
Myriads and myriads of angels
Grace and harmony entertaining
Life with joyful leaping
Dances divine, stirring souls
Spirit and flesh creating
Breath spoken.

Copyright © 2002 Jerry P. Quinn

Anonymity
by
Aurora

Anonymity
Double-edged sword
Claim to fame
Remains unknown
Grave unmarked
Song unsung
Unsung song
Unmarked grave
Unknown remains
Fame to claim
Sword double-edged
Anonymity

~Aurora~


3 comments:

  1. Hello, Aurora! This is awesome. You poem is terrific! I'll have to try this poetry form. Thanks for sharing!

    Happy A to Z-ing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of this. I want to try it now! So fun. Thank you for sharing. Simply Sarah

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.