Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Poetry Prompts and Inspiration Day 12 April PAD Challenge and NaPoWriMo 2023

 


Dear Poetry People, I hope your morning was better than mine. I woke from a terrible dream, but since I can't drink alcohol anymore, I was unable to call up my old pal Jack Daniels and his partner Jimmy Beam. So it goes.


Today's NaPoWriMo challenge asks participants to to write a poem that addresses itself or some aspect of its self (i.e., “Dear Poem,” or “what are my quatrains up to?”; “Couplet, come with me . . .”) 

I didn't quite do that. My poem includes the line "dear poet, what the fuck is wrong with you?"

Why the fuck is Grammarly wanting me to capitalize the first word within quotation marks even when the quotation is contained in a sentence? I swear, this is a new and stupid thing. Grammarly also wants me to "correct" that first sentence to read "Why the fuck is Grammarly want me to capitalize the first word within quotation marks?" 

Me speaking real good English.

Anyway...


Today's April PAD Challenge prompt asks us to write a sound poem. I address the sound of screams following a nightmare. 

I hope you enjoyed this fucked-up foray into the world of my parasomnias. I feel like I need a nap to recover from the trauma of sleeping.

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~

Image by thank_you from Pixabay


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.