Tuesday, November 29, 2022

November PAD Challenge 2022: Day 29: A Quintet of Couplets

 

Image by SarahCulture from Pixabay

I

I feel just like a banyan buried in the snow

What the hell a banyan is I can't say I truly know


II

What kind of nightmarish choices will we have in the next election?

Someone with more brains than a turnip would be a good selection.


III

I wonder if I jinxed myself at some point in the past

So many wishes I wished on stars never came to pass.


IV

I wonder where my soul will go on the day my ashes scatter

Will I be off on a new adventure, or will it just not matter?


V

The letter in the envelope challenged me to choose between truth and dare

I put it aside for later, procrastinating without a care.

~Ornery Owl Has Coupled (or Coupleted)~


Image by Chiplanay on Pixabay

https://pixabay.com/illustrations/owl-bird-animal-hand-writing-5070039/

notes and prompts used


Prompt: 
Write a truth poem and/or write a dare poem.

You may have noticed the absence of a Day 28 poem. You are correct. The prompt for Day 28 was to write a remix poem. I save my remix poem for December 1.


https://imprompt.wordpress.com/2022/11/28/day-28/

The prompt asks participants to take the following list of words and turn them into titles.

BANYAN

TURNIP

JINX

SCATTER

ENVELOPE

Yeah--I deviated from the prompt.

"Titles?" scoffed I. "Pish! I shall use these words in my couplets!"

https://imprompt.wordpress.com/2022/11/29/day-29/

Write some couplets.

Today's Playlist



C'mon, ya scrooges, let's get in the spirit of the season!



Yesterday was the 12th anniversary of my father's passing. He was always a big fan of celebrating the holidays. I hope there's music like this and plenty of cheer where he is now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.