Friday, November 25, 2022

November PAD Challenge 2022: Day 25: For a Moment

 


I wonder if society will ever
if only for a moment
give a damn about the words spoken by a woman
rather than obsessing about the size of her chest
which could be concave for all it matters
is the focus on female appearance
a deliberate tactic to keep a woman in a shell
while man fools himself that she hasn't the sense
to assemble a jigsaw puzzle because she stays silent
if she is home stirring the pot for his dinner, so he reasons
she can't be stirring up trouble elsewhere
society is set up so women not paired with a man fare poorly
conversely, many women entangled with men also fare poorly
a man who does not have his finger on the pulse 
of female dissatisfaction with our lot in life
will fail to notice that the pendulum has swung
away from the idea that a woman needs a man to be complete
a woman needs confidence
she needs an education
she needs opportunity
if she has all these things
she may decide in the end
she doesn't need a man
for anything at all
a woman with dreams can go far
perhaps even to the stars
if she perseveres
and engages her ingenuity

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~

Image by S. Bartels from Pixabay
Girls are magical beings
Their imagination and ingenuity should be nurtured.

notes and prompts used


For today's prompt, take the phrase "For (blank)," replace the blanks with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then, write your poem.


For today's prompt, write a serious poem.

I'm deadly serious about feminism and have been since I was eight. That's damn near fifty years of feminism under my belt. I find the state of today's feminism very concerning. Feminism that doesn't stand up for the rights of women and girls to be something besides decor or helpmeets for males is not feminism. Slutwalk and flash your boobs for a cause "feminism" is not feminism. 

We ain't there yet, Baby. Now's not the time to quit fighting.


Word List

chest
concave
damn
deliberate
finger
jigsaw
poorly
shell
stir
swung

Today's Playlist


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.