Saturday, August 9, 2014

Shadorma for the Netherworld


Netherworld
The sixth dimension
Home to its
Myriads
Of things and souls discarded
From the living world

~Aurora~

 A shadorma is composed of six non-rhyming lines (sestina or sextet) and the syllable pattern is 3-5-3-3-7-5.  It can have as many stanzas as you like, just as long as each stanza follows the syllable pattern mentioned above .
For a longer explanation of what the Netherworld is, see this post

Cross-Posted to:

10 comments:

  1. Aww who would discard such beauty!! iw ould be rather happy in netherland i think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People in this world are quick to discard many things, failing to see the beauty in imperfection.
      I think I would be happy in the Netherworld myself. For now, our team must content ourselves to write about it.
      Thanks for visiting, on behalf of Aurora. :-)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful as always, Sis! <3 :-)*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 6th dimension, Aurora. It fit in nicely with the theme, lots of people can't get to there. I played with infinite dimensions in a math formula I programed on a computer for school work. Be like living on a star, probably lonesome.
    The 6th dimension would be like a hangout, a safe hide-away place.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jim, on behalf of Aurora. You understand the concept exactly!

      Delete
  4. It does look a bit like souls dripping into the netherworld --- next time I visit the shop I'll be thinking of this. A totally unique take on the prompt -- and I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder why other discarded treasure they will dig up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the Netherworld, beautiful things are often found, but sometimes terrible things are too.
      Thank you for visiting!

      Delete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.