Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Gross Encounters of the Worst Kind #WEP

 

Image by pencil parker from Pixabay
Just who is responsible for this travesty?

An FBI agent named Mulder

Researched a UFO sighting near Boulder

He stepped in alien poo

Which ruined his shoe

So the trail went a little bit colder

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken in 28 Words~

Free use image by Jim Cooper on Pixabay
Don't you even try to pin this on me, UFO Jockey!




Ornery Owl says:
Yeah, sure, you can give this piece the full-on critique if you really feel compelled to do so, but I can save you some time.

1) This is not a great poem. I don't believe for a second it will win any prizes. That isn't its purpose.
2) The poem has too many syllables in the second line.
3) Depending on what part of the world you're from, Mulder and Boulder may not rhyme very well. My horrific accent makes everything sound like it got shoved down a garbage disposal. You, however, may be one of those high-fallutin' sorts who enunciate words clearly.
4) The poem's genre is comedy. If it made you laugh, cool. If it didn't make you laugh, at least you only had to suffer through 28 words. 

That's about all I have to say about that. Until next time!








22 comments:

  1. LOL. I know Boulder and Mulder too. The poo and the shoe sound familiar. I'm not sure how high fallutin' I am but I enjoyed every minute.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ornery Owl, this is a hoot! Thanks for your comedic take on the prompt. And a limerick too. Fun! I love Mulder, but miss Sully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might write one for her down the line if I can think of anything to rhyme with her name! ;-)

      Delete
    2. Can't wait! Maybe she could do something with chocolate with the next prompt, LOL.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant limerick! and I was smiling all the way through your FCA notes too. Thank you for posting this wonderful, humorous, light as a souffle entry for the WEP Challenge.

    Btw, only two extra syllables in the 2nd line, didn't even notice till you pointed it out and I can assure you they didn't stop me from thoroughly enjoying your poem LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was close enough for the jug and banjo music you'd expect to be playing in the background if you ever heard me talk.

      Delete
  4. OMG! This was definitely very entertaining. Including the list to help save time. Haha!
    -Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ornery Owl - this was such fun ... I loved - a clever way to encapsulate the prompt ... and my encapsulate is way too long! You've been so succinct ... loved it - thank ... made me laugh out loud too. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny and apropos! On you go... Ha, ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge thanks for the big smile I am wearing on my dial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kudos for a poem (and artwork) that makes us all appreciate the effort that went into writing to this prompt (not so easy a task!). Really liked the light humor and dancing rhythmn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed it. And it reminded me of another alien movie. Evolution. Where they fight with Head& Shoulders shampoo. Ha ha. Good times!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Made me laugh. I liked your use of the prompt here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the humorous and very clever take on this month's theme! Congrats on winning. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Charlotte - well done - you've amused us all and got an honourable mention - by the WEP team. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.