Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Carpe Diem Summer Challenge + The Tuesday Platform: Midsummer Rain

Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay

A prairie rainstorm
In the middle of summer
Slow and lumbering
Meanders across the land
Shrouded in dark cloud cover

~Cie~



This poem is part of the Grover series, honoring the first place I've ever felt like I could call home since childhood. I don't feel like a temporary tenant when I'm there, I feel like this is where I live.
Please visit me, Ghost Town Grover, and Cactus Clem at the Good Stuff From Grover website!




This poem has earned the Cactus Clem Seal of Approval!
Cactus Clem sez: "I shore do like when it rains! As a Cactus Man or may be a Man Cactus, I am always thirsty!"

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! We are experiencing extremely hot and humid weather here and could use a little rain.💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely poem. I can see the storm as it lumbers across the prairie. Good job! Kanzensakura is Toni Spencer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some cool/ slightly terrifying pictures of a cloud burst over my town in a recent rain storm. But that dark shroud was greeted with relief, because it finally broke the heat wave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mid-summer rainstorms build and lumber indeed, most especially across the plains and prairies ... I like the weight of this here, in the piece, it carries itself in the words -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous imagery, Cie! I have never seen a prairie in real life, only in pictures, on film or television, and certainly not a storm. You've brought it to my front door with your slow, lumbering rains clouds, rather like dinosaurs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could visualize it clearly — a vividly painted image! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, Cie. I like clouds and try to play American Indian with them, reading intentions and much much more. My Sunday blog, a short ditty, deals with that. http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2019/07/clouds-weekend-mini-challenge-poem.html
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer storms are a hot mess. I live in Texas and we're in hurricane season. Always looking at the weather.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.