Saturday, October 7, 2017

OctPoWriMo 2017: Day 7: Too Much



I have lots of bills
So I need to work a lot
I write my own schedule
I hate the bitch who scheduled me for a sixteen- hour shift
She went too far

~The Cheese~



4 comments:

  1. hoping you get time and a half for half of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a 1099-R contractor. We don't get overtime pay, and a fair portion of my income depends on tips. Fortunately it was a fairly lucrative shift.

      Delete
  2. For some reason your poem made me laugh. I think it was the visual of you sitting there ready to start, writing hurriedly, needing to get your dissatisfaction off your chest. Thank you. xoA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how it was. I hammered this out on my tablet before my long haul began.

      Delete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.