Yesterday's Dreams
It’s not likely that anyone will ring soon
Asking me to star on stage or screen
That ship long ago sailed away
On the dark water of yesterday’s
Dreams that never came true
~Faycin A Croud~
The only place where you can dream
Living here is not what it seems
--Iron Maiden, Strange World I just want to walk right out of this world 'cause everybody has a poison heart. --The Ramones
We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.
It is absolutely fine - poignant.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by Roslyn, on behalf of Faye.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I feel like this too.
ReplyDeleteI have too, for a long time. I think there are a lot of broken dreams these days.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by, on behalf of Faye.
Not much is worse than unrealized dreams. They haunt your every move.
ReplyDeleteThis was wonderfully written and strikes a nerve. Dreams kept alive are motivation, but once we realize they are dead, we have to mourn what never will be.
ReplyDeletethe hatred of dreams unrealized ! hate to even picture it !
ReplyDelete'the dark water of yesterday's dreams...'
ReplyDeleteOh, oh, oh. I loved that line. What a perfect response.
A common complaint about missed opportunity as we grow older or wiser or more intelligent or all three.
ReplyDeletehttp://debbiesdays.wordpress.com
To continue dreaming is necessary. Only then things can move.Unrealized dream is therefore a good thing.It shows things are moving, some dreams realized others not! Nicely RC!
ReplyDeleteHank
That's a tough realization, but if we're honest with ourselves, we can probably all point to a sailed ship, right? Thanks for linking up with this.
ReplyDeleteThere are always other, obtainable dreams.
ReplyDeleteawwww - I so want that for you now. :(
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteFaye wanted me to thank all of you for your comments and relay this message. She's been very busy at work this weekend and doesn't know when she'll be playing with blogs again.
ReplyDeleteThank you all for your responses!
While I would still love to act at some point, it's actually probably a damn good thing the wish to be a "star" never came true. I'm too emotionally volatile and probably would have ended up self-destructing. A lot of people (I did not say all) who end up in professions such as acting are emotionally damaged to start with.
As I've learned more about my own mental illness, I see a lot of signs of mental illness in celebrities.
Catherine Zeta-Jones and Stephen Fry are two examples of people who have come to terms with their mental illness and are able to live fairly balanced lives.
Having lived with improperly diagnosed mental illness until I was in my middle eyars, I can say that there are few things quite so miserable.
When I wrote the poem, I was reflecting on what my younger self wanted so very much. At this point I'd be happy enough to just dig myself out of the hole and move outta the damn trailer park!
Again, thanks for your comments.
That word above should be "years" not "eyars." I'm not even sure what "eyars" are.
ReplyDelete