Sunday, May 12, 2019

Tan Renga Challenge 2019: Day 9: Snails

Snails in Moonlight
Artist Unknown

I bow to my master
Matsuo Basho told me the way
to watch a snail
Haiku taught me to embrace
the way of snail and turtle

Chèvrefeuille & Cie


Notes:
The Hokku (Haiku) stanza of this Tan Renga was written by Chèvrefeuille. The Akegu (closing) stanza was written by me.
I am not being hyperbolic in any way when I say this. Participating in this exercise has been life-changing for me. Haiku is no longer simply a poetry form for me. It is a way of meditation, a way to improve not only my life but possibly the lives of others as well.

3 comments:

  1. Snails and turtles teach us to slow down in this hectic world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with how it has changed my life in subtle little ways. Nice one, Cie!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.