Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Flower Grave





See colors of places not right

here comes a beautiful night

you love me I can not deny

you took my love and said goodbye

try, think of yourself and not I

I won't shed tears I won't cry

forgive me I won't make you stay

loved, loved you with passion and pride

then I came and took you away

leave the flowers you send on my grave

I'll hide myself back in the night

no good is love nor is the pain

that's plain when flowers fell down on my grave



The Human Beinz were a short-lived 1960's band out of Ohio who were best known for their pop hit "Nobody But Me." I recall reading that this song, Flower Grave, was about the author's struggle with drug addiction. I can't find the interview at this time.
I always resonated with this song, particularly the line which states:
"I'll hide myself back in the night, no good is the love or the pain that's plain."

Interactions with other people are always precarious. I really dislike confrontation. Whenever I end up losing my temper enough to go nuclear, I wind up hurting all over my body. I'm fighting not to collapse inward on myself psychologically as well.
It really is World War III in my psyche. I am not exaggerating about that in any way.
Initially, it seemed that joining in on the Poems in April prompts was going swimmingly. I appreciated the overall positive interactions. However, at this point, I think that it is best if I withdraw from participating in this virtual gathering. 
I wish you all the best with your poems.

~Cie~

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.