I Blinked and the World Was Gone
Photoshop Manipulation by The Real Cie
Silent Voices II
Your voice was silenced long before your heart stopped beating
Your mind unable to process what your eyes saw before you
Everything forgotten within the blink of an eye
I grieve for you, but I can't cry
I feel enraged, indignant, offended, and afraid
Afraid to express the rage I feel at this injustice
Afraid that those who read these words will see fit to tell me
That I haven't the right to be angry
That I should try to look on the bright side of life
But what bright side is there
To a mind being erased
I think that you're aware again
In a proverbial "better place"
Although that place may not be any kind of Heaven
And it may not be that much better
It must hurt you to watch your loved ones grieve
Perhaps it even hurts to touch on the emotions of the likes of me
Things that do not matter even a little bit
I loved you in my way
You mattered to me
I wish I could have helped you
Perhaps part of me believed I could
Up until the moment that I learned
Your heart had ceased to beat and you were free
I am so sorry, dear one
You deserved better
Than to have your voice silenced
While there was still breath in your body
You were a gift to a world which did not deserve you
~Cie~
This poem was written for the Tuesday Platform at Imaginary Garden With Real Toads.


This is so poignant. I can feel the tears and hurt in your words .. which are both tangible and raw. Sending love and light.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteThis is obviously filled with heartfelt emotion. I am of the thinking that he does know. I also believe that even in silence, we can reach others. Sometimes the lessons we teach, or learn, are deeper, beyond words. Words are powerful, but there are times they are not needed. And there are feelings that are beyond words. Peace.
ReplyDeleteKind thanks.
DeleteI too feel for you, Cara, but not nearly so much as you. Loosing a child at any time is hard, but at birth must be very, very hard. I do have another blogging and Facebook friend who is saddened because she lost her daughter at birth. Every year at her birthday she is saddened the worst. It is sooo traumatic a time. And attempts at consolation are welcome and warming but are not long lasting help hardly at all.
ReplyDelete..
Fortunately (if one can call it fortunate) the subject of the poem was an adult. The cause of death was one of the worst: dementia which onset at a young age. Most people who have lost a loved one to dementia agree: it's better to die some other way.
DeleteAlthough that place may not be any kind of Heaven
ReplyDeleteAnd it may not be that much better
It must hurt you to watch your loved ones grieve
Clever twist of seeing it from the point of view of the demised rather than from those left behind.
Hank
Although I wouldn't go so far as to call myself a medium (I can't tell you where your great grandpappy's treasure is hidden, for instance) I have always tended to sense the feelings of the departed. I believe I did so in this case. I don't know.
DeleteBeautiful poem.
ReplyDelete