Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Visitor

The Visitor by Janet Mayled
 
The Visitor
 
The light appears to crest in waves
You dance in my dreams
Bringing with you the ghosts of a million years past
They blow away like smoke on a breeze
But you remain
 
Ethereal like morning mist
Glorious, gossamer shade
Yet more real than all the seemingly essential trappings
Which we greedy humans think we cannot do without
Your unearthly beauty holds fast
 
You strengthen and destroy my heart
Shatter everything I previously held to be true
The mournful ghosts of the past dance behind you
Reflections on a window
You wave your hand and they vanish
 
I wish with all my heart and soul
That I could hold you in my hand
That I could put the broken pieces of you back together
My darling dichotomy
Powerful, broken, beautiful you
 
You are everything that dreams are made of
Sweet ecstasy, beautiful nightmare
Builder and destroyer of worlds
Unicorn in the glass menagerie
I hold the pieces of you in my hands
 
My tears fall like rain on the ground
New year, new day, new loss
Rough winds destroy the darling buds of May
Like the petals of a flower torn apart in a hurricane
The ashes of the lost ones blow away
 ~Cie~
http://jeremysdailychallenge.wordpress.com/2015/01/01/challenge-2015-week-1-1-january-2015/
 
Theme prompt: Reflections on a window
The light appears to crest in waves – Radiance by Wally Swist

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.