Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Winter Grasses 30 Days of Haiga 2024

 

Image by Agata from Pixabay

grasses gone to sleep

creatures hibernate beneath

winter has arrived

The Prompt:

https://chevrefeuillescarpediem.blogspot.com/2012/12/carpe-diem-68-winter-grasses-fuyu-kusa.html


Here's my first image. From a graphic design standpoint, this is fantastic! The simple lines and bold colors make a strong visual impact, and I tried to ensure that my text art blended in with the feel of the grasses and berries rather than trying to upstage the background.

I'm a graphic design school dropout. I went for one semester in 1998 and never went back. I was hoping to get into video game design. The very first instructor I had took a disliking to me. I really didn't want to go into advertising design, which was her focus, and she seemed to take that personally.

I didn't want to simply copy the above image for my hand-drawn version, so I chose a different picture.

Oh boy, it's a horse. I suck at drawing animals. Challenge accepted anyway because the rainbow scratch paper may make my awful rendition charming in spite of itself.



My creations are © 2024. This work is openly licensed via CC BY 4.0.

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.