Thursday, June 1, 2017

Charge

Image by Dora Wednesday

If it gives me a charge
To escape this miserable world with its forced marches to an early grave 
And run away to a realm extraterrestrial, extradimensional
To find a small portion of imaginary happiness
I care not if you believe
For I need to retreat to this realm which is often more real than the real in order to survive

~Cie~

Prompts Used:

13 comments:

  1. Oh yes, retreat to an alternate reality............the one we currently inhabit is more unreal than anything I have witnessed in seventy years of living. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forced march to an early grave...great line

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to have that Death Before Disco thingie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To find a small portion of imaginary happiness.. oh yes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (old writer warning: "Hey! I remember concert posters!! Back in the day before the activex files... hell, back before computers...)
    "What is real anway. As the old saying holds, "If you can ask the question, no answer will satisfy")

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this "imaginary happiness." I think we all have a place like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You stretched my imagination with this one. I wasn't sure where real begins or ends, or exists

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go for it! It's bettter than the alternative.

    My Six Sentences! .

    ReplyDelete
  9. A message from the Underworld, I see...and a welcome flag of defiance in a drab, and indeed, increasingly vicious world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "And run away to a realm extraterrestrial, extradimensional
    To find a small portion of imaginary happiness"

    I second that motion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. For I need to retreat to this realm which is often more real than the real in order to survive

    That's cool....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to imagine anything but reality some days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We need to fantasize and escape the cruel reality of day to day life sometimes. Great poem.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.